WAVE Advisee Platform Terms and Conditions
#BUILTBYGIRLS ADVISEE PLATFORM RULES, TERMS, CONDITIONS, AND LEGAL NOTICES:
We’re pumped you’re joining us for the #BUILTBYGIRLS Wave Advisor program made available by Oath (our awesome parent company—called “we” or “us” in the rest of this letter). #BUILTBYGIRLS offers a platform to match young women like you with professionals in careers powered by technology. We want to help you get ahead of the game in the tech economy by introducing you to the right people, exposing you to opportunities you didn’t know existed and arming you with the tools to make you stand out in your first job.
This is a voluntary Beta program that will span 2018 and potentially beyond. We’re excited to get started, but first we have to make sure we dot our i’s and cross our t’s; aka let’s get a few legal things out of the way so that you understand how our program works. Read the terms below and if they work for you, please have this document signed by you and your parent or legal guardian (they will be notified that they need to sign this).
Here are the key terms you and your parent or legal guardian, if applicable, should understand about your participation in the program:
1. We offer the program at no cost to you; however, you’re responsible for the expenses needed to communicate or meet up with your Advisor, such as subway fares, equipment/services like your phone, texting fees or Internet access, etc.
2. You’ll sign up on your own behalf and provide us with accurate and up-to-date registration information. No “New Address” postcard required, but you’ll let us know if you change any contact information, such as your address or email.
3. You’re clear that the program is designed for your benefit, but doesn’t create any internship or employment relationship between you and us or between you and your Advisors unless discussed or offered.
4. We may make changes as we go or discontinue the program at our discretion and at any time without any obligation to you, but may offer ways for you to stay involved in #BUILTBYGIRLS.
5. You’ll comply with all laws while participating in the program.
6. We may request that you provide us with comments, an article, a profile, pictures, videos or other materials about your experience with the program, which we may use (though we don’t promise to use) on our services and in promotions (the “Content”). You will own your Content; however, if you submit Content to us, you grant us and our affiliates a worldwide, royalty free, irrevocable right to use, copy, store, display, perform, modify and promote your Content in any medium. (We basically want to be able to use the awesome stuff you create and get it out to the world).
7. You guarantee that your Content is original to you, that you won’t copy the works of others, and that your Content will not violate the rights of others. Please obtain permission before you include images of other people in your Content.
8. You understand and agree that this is a Beta program and that we provide the program “as is” and without any warranties. We’ll try to make this a pretty cool experience, but please understand we do not guarantee that the program will meet all your expectations or requirements. You will receive Advisor-Advisee relationship guidelines upon the start of the program. Oath will take reasonable steps to check the background of each Advisor; however, you also accept the responsibility to take reasonable precautions in all interactions with other participants or Advisors associated with our program.
9. In exchange for the benefits you’ll receive from the program: (a) you release us and our parent companies, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents from any claims connected with your participation in the program and (b) we may use your name, voice, image, video and likeness for articles, stories, advertisements, presentations and promotions regarding the program or our organization in any medium picked by us. You agree that you won’t withdraw this consent once you have started with the program and that you are not entitled to any other compensation. Either you or we may cancel your participation in the program at any time. We make no guarantee of any minimum time commitment for the program.
10. You and we won’t be liable to each other for indirect, special, incidental, or consequential contract damages. You’ll be responsible for any costs of potential claims made against us by someone else if you engage in willful misconduct or breach these terms.
11. This letter is the entire understanding and agreement between you and us regarding your participation in the program. If any term of this letter is declared invalid, the remaining terms stay in effect. The laws of the State of New York govern the interpretation of this letter agreement. You and we agree to sign this letter agreement electronically, which has the same effect as an agreement signed in writing. This letter agreement expires if not signed by you and a parent or guardian in 30 days. This letter agreement can be signed in counterparts by you, us and your parent or guardian.
If you agree and want to participate in the program, please signup. Now the fun tech and business learning can begin. We can’t wait to work with you.